Overcoming objections to a new rail network for Heathrow Terminal 5
Engain managed the consultation and reviewed the EIA for the Transport and Works Act (TWA) Order that promoted Heathrow’s proposed new rail link.
We informed and improved the infrastructure design and successfully assessed the EIA, ensuring it was robust and stood up to scrutiny.
The proposed scheme had received more than a thousand objections. Our liaison with developers and regulators resulted in a significant withdrawal of these objections, providing Heathrow Airport Holdings Limited with the backbone to progress any future environmentally viable proposal.
- Negotiation with Environment Agency to remove objection
- Improved infrastructure design
- Successful negotiations with objectors
- Successful EIA review
Partners & Stakeholders
- Heathrow Airport Holdings Limited
- CJ Associates
- Deputy Prime Minister’s Office
- Environment Agency
- Natural England
- Thames Water
- National Grid
- Temple Group
- Surrey County Council
- Spelthorne Borough Council
- London Borough of Hounslow
To discuss your project requirements, please contact our experienced team