World class airport terminal building for Gibraltar
To enable the development of a terminal building which could respond to the country’s economic and tourism objectives, Engain worked with HM Government of Gibraltar and project partners to produce a compelling Environmental Statement for regulatory consent.
Our environmental management of the design and build minimised the disruption and effects to adjacent neighbours and users of the site during the new terminal’s construction period. As part of this, an aeronautical study was conducted and agreed with the airport authorities, providing specific measures to regulate on-site construction activities.
The terminal was inaugurated by the Earl of Wessex, as part of Gibraltar’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations. HRH Prince Edward, officially opened the €84 million new frontier building on the 13th June, 2012.
- Approved Environmental Statement
- Managed technical assessments, including noise
- Consulted with statutory parties and stakeholders
- Public presentation
- Monitored environmental compliance during construction
- Development consented, built and operational
Partners & Stakeholders
- HM Government of Gibraltar
- Dragados S.A.
- bblur architecture
- 3DReid Architects
- Department of Town Planning and Building Control
- Royal Air Force
- Ministry of Defence
- Civil Aviation Authority
- International Civil Aviation Organisation
- Environmental Agency
- Technical Services Department
- Department of the Environment and Climate Change
- Gibraltar Heritage Trust
- Gibraltar Ornithological & Natural History Society – power station
- Development & Planning Commission
- Gibraltar Tourist Board
To discuss your project requirements, please contact our experienced team