Keeping everybody cool: successful consent for a new Mediterranean dual-fuel power station
Following its appointment to design, build and commission the new plant, Bouygues retained Engain to assess the environmental compliance of the development.
Engain provided the Environmental Statement for the new gas/diesel facility, undertaking scientific studies and managing a range of technical assessments.
We reviewed the possibilities for alternative power, delivered a risk assessment for the site, provided advice on design and detailed evidence on air quality and noise.
Engain represented the international construction firm and HM Government of Gibraltar before the Development and Planning Commission, the public (via national television) to secure the development consent, and has been retainedto provide the environmental permit for PPC (Pollution Prevention and Control).
- Environmental screening and scoping
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- GHG and global warming studies
- Management of technical assessments
- Statutory and stakeholder consultation
- Representation at public committee
- Peer reviewed reporting
- Ministerial advice
- Environmental permitting
Partners & Stakeholders
- HM Government of Gibraltar
- Gibraltar Electricity Authority
- Environmental Agency, Gibraltar
- Environment Agency, UK
- MAN Diesel & Turbo SE
- Department of the Environment and Climate Change
- Department of Town Planning and Building Control
- Gibraltar Port Authority
- Gibraltar Tourist Board
- Royal Air Force
- Defence Estates
- Gibraltar International Airport
- Civil Aviation Authority
- Environmental Safety Group
- Gibraltar Ornithological & Natural History Society
- Development & Planning Commission
To discuss your project requirements, please contact our experienced team