A major strategic land development in the heart of Devon, to accommodate up to 2,000 homes
Engain was included in the multi functional project team to advise on the importance of wildlife and habitats for this strategic development.
Over three years, we gathered information to influence the sustainability of the mixed use site design and protect the existing flora and fauna.
The proposals included a complex change to the highway network and we investigated the possibility of affecting a European designated habitat from the effects of vehicle exhausts.
- Approved ecological mitigation and enhancement
- Ecological appraisal and detailed survey investigations
- Representation and consultation with stakeholders
- Informative liaison with district and county councils
- Statutory consultation with regulators
- Main highway improvements adopted
- Outline planning consent achieved
Partners & Stakeholders
- Strategic Land Partnerships
- Chettiscombe Trust
- Mid Devon Council
- Devon County Council
- Natural England
- Environment Agency
- GL Hearn
- Clifton Emery Design
To discuss your project requirements, please contact our experienced team