Celebrating 15 years
19th April 2017
(Please note that this role has now been filled - and we look forward to announcing the appointment)
We are a friendly, specialist environmental practice, with exciting EIA and permitting projects, principally in the Mediterranean region.
We are now recruiting for an experienced environmental consultant to initially assist with permitting for a power station, environmental permitting for a gas facility and consent for a complex new marine/coastal development. These projects involve work with internationally recognised engineers and architects, and an interesting mix of recycling, re-use and resourcing of waste and construction materials.
Manage information across a wide range of technical specialist disciplines; budget management; contractor management; assessment and production of reports that fit with consenting / permitting process requirements; stakeholder collaboration and management; and in the medium-term, contribute to the continued success of business development in the UK and overseas. Ability and interest in international travel, typically one week at a time.
Essential experience, qualifications and attributes
This role would suit an environmental consultant / scientist with prior knowledge of writing and delivering Environmental Permits and/or EIAs, looking to further develop their experience with project management, whilst benefitting from close support, guidance and mentorship from an industry leader.
A background in report writing and focus on specialist chapters would be advantageous; a background in ecology and/or marine environments; understanding of EIA legislation related to planning; Environment Agency procedures; pollution prevention regulations. Importantly the right person will enjoy, and have an aptitude for, communicating effectively with a range of different stakeholders.
It will be important that you can:
- Work directly with senior managers
- Work on your own initiative to programme and technical quality
- Be responsive and report effectively on technical matters
- Demonstrate good understanding of planning, consenting and permitting processes
- Be proactive and offer positive contributions to the complex project issues
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and present well during meetings and conferences
- Work well under pressure and time constraints
- Have a good eye for detail
- Be honest, trustworthy and dependable
- Have an interest and competency for business development and contribute to winning new work
- Demonstrate ability to develop excellent rapport with clients and colleagues
- Bring personality and a good sense of humour to team working
Please register your details for this opportunity at firstname.lastname@example.org or enquire to the office on 01373 888 330.
To discuss your project requirements, please contact our experienced team