Director and Head of Biodiversity
An expert on UK and European wildlife legislation, Matt is a pragmatic ecologist and well versed representative at public inquiries and consultations.
He’s fluent in advising on biodiversity and Brexit, having led many international ecology projects. And he offers a wealth of experience in rural asset and countryside management.
Matt is also adept in working alongside technical teams, providing advice for continued surveying and monitoring.
Getting away from it all means he’ll either be camping with the family, getting stuck into a good novel or heading out on his road bike.
HM Government of Gibraltar
Gibraltar Electricity Authority
National Rail UK
Persimmon Homes, UK
Bovis Homes, UK
Crest Nicholson Strategic
UK National Health Service
The National Trust
- Strategic Environmental Assessment – Ethiopia and Kenya: assessment of the broad range of potential environmental effects of oil and gas exploration in blocks across the two countries. Given the huge geographical scale of the project, this required in-depth analysis of environmental patterns and trends, taking account of socio- economic responses to environmental change and cross- country patterns of wildlife movement and migration.
- Impact Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessments for National Infrastructure Developments, Gibraltar.
- Planning Inquiry and Expert Witness for complex Island Redevelopment, off Portsmouth within the Tamar Estuary.
- Neighbourhood Plan Review and Environmental
Assessments in the UK, using British best practice.
- Lecturing and providing training.
- Oil Pipelines, Middle East: Integration of Action Planning and Policy into an Environmental Management System, IFC, PS6, Kurdistan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan.
To discuss your project requirements, please contact our experienced team