We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced consultant, who can bring specific experience of Environmental planning. This role will not only take responsibility for day-to-day delivery of environmental planning projects to our clients, through the coordination of Engain’s people and associates, but also take an active role in developing Engain’s service proposition, support the Management Team in the delivery of the Company’s strategy, and develop consulting opportunities particularly for renewables and solar projects.
- Delivering quality services to our clients through our team, advising individuals and organisations on strategies and opportunities relating to environmental planning consultancy;
- Enabling our clients to comply with environmental planning legislation and policy;
- Working closely with architects, civil and specialist engineering, and planners to devise and integrate innovative designs to answer resource management and sustainability issues;
- Stakeholder engagement and planning;
- Delivering environmental planning advice across various sectors, including renewables, property, and infrastructure;
- Coordinating Environmental Impact Assessments, Strategic Environmental Assessments, Sustainability Appraisals, and Socio-economic assessments;
- Project managing a portfolio of clients and delivering good quality advice and service;
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with our clients and suppliers;
- Innovating new services to evolve with client needs or opportunities;
- Delivering, approving and authorising reports and advice;
- Preparing for/ presenting at planning meetings, committees, design review panels, and consents meetings.
- Coordinating and supporting Engain’s people and associates in the delivery of client focused work;
- Delivering team performance to meet key agreed metrics including quality, programme, budget, health, safety and environment, well-being, and business strategy;
- Coordinating quality services from our team and associates – responsible for delivery of: technical accuracy, excellence and clarity in client communications, innovations, meeting timelines;
- Organising workstreams and overseeing timely delivery;
- Effectively delegating tasks and priorities across the team and associates;
- Coordinating health and safety of the team and activities;
- Engendering and implementing SMART working processes;
- Working with quality management systems.
Reporting and Informing Team Leader and SMT
- Working closely with the Team Leader for Ecology on a day-to-day basis to deliver a quality service;
- Structured and regular reporting to team meetings and debriefs;
- Reporting to the SMT to inform business planning and strategy, HR and recruitment;
- Attending/ presenting to SMT meetings, including Commercial and Marketing.
- Preparing proposals and business development strategies;
- Continually developing the nature and quality of our offering, and innovating services;
- Developing and advising the Company on sector knowledge;
- Attending and presenting at events to represent the Company – networking and events – in line with the Company’s strategies.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Collaborative and decisive to deliver a high level of quality performance;
- Effective coordinator and team organiser;
- Evidence-based sector and environmental planning skills;
- Delivery of successful relevant projects with a proven track record;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure and to time constraints;
- Advisor role for our clients and team, based on understanding their personal and business objectives;
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, with the support of the Team Leader and wider team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters-level qualification;
- Member of relevant professional body;
- Excellent track record of delivering environmental planning consulting services;
- Demonstrable implementation and interpretation of environmental planning legislation/ policy, guidance, and latest standards;
- Relevant sector experience in renewables, as well as property and infrastructure;
- Experience of coordinating large teams across various technical disciplines;
- Contract management and pricing;
- Expert witness and/ or evidence for inquiries.
Please email your CV to email@example.com