In line with our new growth strategy and a strong forward order book, we are looking for a Senior Consultant Ecologist who will thrive on forming collaborative relationships with our clients, enjoy an interesting breadth of project work across multiple sectors, and take the opportunity to contribute beyond their core expertise to play an important part in the growth and development of Engain.
Reporting to the Director and Lead Ecologist, key responsibilities include:
- Assessment and production of ecological presentations and reports (including EcIA and HRA);
- Clear, confident ecological advice directly to clients on their plans and projects;
- Delivery of protected species licences for development;
- Contribute as part of multidisciplinary teams on client’s behalf (including meetings with architects, planners, engineers, government agencies and clients);
- Maintaining direct oversight of key client accounts;
- Manage own workload and clients to ensure commercial objectives are being met in line with agreed targets;
- Take an active role in the attraction of new clients to Engain, helping to meet and exceed the Company’s business targets;
- Develop and maintain relationships with all team members to ensure excellent client service is provided at all times;
- Attend regular meetings with your support team providing updates on workflow, new client enquiries and pipeline cases;
- Delivery of data processing;
Engain actively supports and encourages employees’ continuing professional development.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a directly relevant consultancy role;
- Full member of CIEEM or equivalent professional membership;
- Practised understanding of the application of legislation, policy and planning process particularly in relation to residential development;
- Ecological Clerk of Works and Species Translocation experience;
- Experience of delivering protected species licences for development;
- Demonstrable experience of project management through a team of consultants;
- Experience of business development, winning your own work and encouraging the whole team to get involved;
- Eligibility to work in UK;
- Driving Licence and suitable transport – there will be some travel involved in this role.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org