Engain has successfully won exciting new projects improving biodiversity across some major projects in the UK and overseas. We are looking to appoint Senior Biodiversity/ Ecological Consultants to project lead and advise technically. To be a part of our highly motivated professional team, we are seeking consultants who work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, enjoy diverse project work across multiple sectors, and contribute beyond their core expertise to play an active part in Engain’s evolution.
Reporting to the Director and working with a team of experienced colleagues, key responsibilities include:
- Specialist consulting for:
- bat species and development with relevant licence(s) and bat mitigation design; or
- Biodiversity Net Gain with botanical and vegetation survey experitse, and biodiversity design experience.
- Leading teams, project work and fieldwork, co-ordinating multiple strands of deliverables
- Organising resources and mentoring colleagues
- Delivering and improving quality client service, with high standards of work within agreed timescales and budgets
- Clear, confident advice directly to clients on their plans and projects, and in meetings both internal and external
- Assessment and reporting, eg HRA and EcIA, key policies, legislation and standards that underpin quality services to clients
- Identifying and following new opportunities, attracting new clients to Engain, and preparing service agreements and quotes
- Role model to colleagues and in the implementation of Quality Assurance, Health Wellbeing Safety and Environmental policy and procedure
- Maintaining direct oversight of key clients.
- At least 6 years’ experience in a directly relevant consultancy role
- A relevant degree and/or equivalent practical experience suitable for undertaking the Senior Ecologist role
- Full member of CIEEM or equivalent professional membership
- Ability to successfully manage projects end to end, demonstrable project management and leadership skills whilst working collaboratively with clients and colleagues to deliver high quality services
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate with key stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of delivering protected species licences for development
- Team working and leadership qualities to delegate effectively, manage time and deliverables, with commercial awareness.
- Experience of business development, winning your own work and encouraging the whole team to get involved
- Excellent attention to detail
- Eligibility to work in UK
- Driving Licence and suitable transport – there will be some travel involved in this role.
Engain has inclusive values for collaborative working, a strong professional reputation and delivers outcomes that enrich ecology. We actively support our colleagues and offer training, a great benefits package and flexibility. Please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org