Celebrating 15 years
19th April 2017
This position has now been filled and is no longer available.
Please refer to our careers page.
(Please note that this role has now been filled - and we look forward to announcing the appointment)
We are a friendly, specialist environmental practice, with exciting EIA and permitting projects, principally in the Mediterranean region.
We are now recruiting for an experienced environmental consultant to initially assist with permitting for a power station, environmental permitting for a gas facility and consent for a complex new marine/coastal development. These projects involve work with internationally recognised engineers and architects, and an interesting mix of recycling, re-use and resourcing of waste and construction materials.
Manage information across a wide range of technical specialist disciplines; budget management; contractor management; assessment and production of reports that fit with consenting / permitting process requirements; stakeholder collaboration and management; and in the medium-term, contribute to the continued success of business development in the UK and overseas. Ability and interest in international travel, typically one week at a time.
Essential experience, qualifications and attributes
This role would suit an environmental consultant / scientist with prior knowledge of writing and delivering Environmental Permits and/or EIAs, looking to further develop their experience with project management, whilst benefitting from close support, guidance and mentorship from an industry leader.
A background in report writing and focus on specialist chapters would be advantageous; a background in ecology and/or marine environments; understanding of EIA legislation related to planning; Environment Agency procedures; pollution prevention regulations. Importantly the right person will enjoy, and have an aptitude for, communicating effectively with a range of different stakeholders.
It will be important that you can:
- Work directly with senior managers
- Work on your own initiative to programme and technical quality
- Be responsive and report effectively on technical matters
- Demonstrate good understanding of planning, consenting and permitting processes
- Be proactive and offer positive contributions to the complex project issues
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and present well during meetings and conferences
- Work well under pressure and time constraints
- Have a good eye for detail
- Be honest, trustworthy and dependable
- Have an interest and competency for business development and contribute to winning new work
- Demonstrate ability to develop excellent rapport with clients and colleagues
- Bring personality and a good sense of humour to team working
Please register your details for this opportunity at firstname.lastname@example.org or enquire to the office on 01373 888 330.
To discuss your project requirements, please contact our experienced team